Fresh Cream Cakes - Stories with Ideas, Tips and Pictures

It was my dream to bake the best birthday cake for my husband. That too a fresh cream pastry cake. Just like our Black Forest or Butterscotch. What an extraordinary dream it was!!

His birthday falls in August. So I started trying out cakes from July so that I would not mess up. That means I've already messed up in the past birthdays.

After repeated trial and errors, I made this mango cake with full fear and applying all the lessons learned. It came really perfect in texture and taste. Finally, it became my man's birthday cake.

Tada... Fresh Cream Mango Pastry Cake.

Vibrant in Colours :)

Look at the texture and volume of cream. How stiff the cream is !!

Tasting experience...

And finally, my dream of baking a birthday cake for my husband came true. That too with a good taste and learning. It was easy to cut and share. The day became happier than ever.

You have seen the success moment. You must look into the failures too. And of course, there are lot many.

This is a Black Forest Cake that was made initially.

This one was so so soft. This was made with hand-beaten whipped cream. 

Then what ?? I flopped it in the flavor. The flavor was very subtle and not enough sugar in the cake. It became like a Sugarless dessert.

Keeping this in mind, I went ahead with the next one.

Pink Velvet Cake. Hey, stop for a minute. What is a pink velvet cake? I've never ever heard of it. I can sense your question guys. The answer is very simple.

When the red color you have used in your cake is lesser than needed, a red velvet becomes pink velvet. Oops, that is a mistake.

But have a look at this cake..

How artistic it is !! LOL

The texture and taste were extraordinary and everyone loved it to the core.

I used an electric beater and very little stabilizer. So the cream became droopy and made me lose hope.

Because of these mistakes, I learned a few things. I'll just drop the few points.
  1. Learning to make a stiff whipped cream that sustains for a day and night is the clue. You must master it before mastering fresh cream pastries. Otherwise, the cream will become liquid or drooping.
  2. Make minimal decorations as possible. Over decorations would spoil the cake. Both taste and appearance. 
  3. While making the pastry or preserving it, the temperature should be as low as possible.
  4. Using a storebought cake mix would help you a lot. It saves time and energy. It comes with the perfect texture.
To make my job easier, then and there I would I use Pillsbury's cake mix and Dr.Oetkar's whipped cream stabilizer. Lazy MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

But FYI,, I have practice in traditional baking too.

After these baking ventures, I gained more weight and stopped baking completely. Anyways, I baked this orange cake for New Year 2019.

Look at my small orange cake...

The cream was more than the cake !!

After this one, no baking at all. Wink. Still I'm trying to lose weight.

YummyTummy Aarthi is my inspiration and manaseega guru in baking. Her step by step pictures are detailed instructions are really useful. I'm following her for almost 9 years. For cakes, I would only go with her. 

Here are a few links that would be useful to you.







Comments