Dakshin Chithra from my Travel Diaries

It has been my long term wish to visit Dakshin Chithra. In 2009, my dear friend Asha showed me some pictures of it. Those were pictures of houses built in the different architectural style and those depicted the ancient times and culture. Who would resist to go back and live in the past for a while? 

That made me get more interest in it. I had planned a visit multiple times but kept postponing it. 

Finally, in 2017 we got to visit a place that stood very first in my bucket list. One suggestion, please avoid visiting in hot summer afternoons. Or take precautions like caps, umbrellas, and sunscreens.

I've missed most of the pictures. Anyways, we can see a few of them from my backup desk.

Our picnic lunch..

In the outside huts..

Thamarai Kulam. Pond with Lillies.

Amphitheatre. Occasionally, gatherings will happen there.

Old Style House

Nice location for photo stills.

Some other shots..





Kerala Boat Houses

Syrian Christian House

It was wide and vast than I have covered in this picture.

Short Review:

  1. Dakshina Chitra is an epic place to visit in Chennai. Dakshina Chitra is in OMR, Chennai. 
  2. The ticket fare is very less. 
  3. They have a restaurant inside. Outside food is allowed only in the outdoor huts, before entrance.
  4. Those who love tradition and history will definitely find it more interesting.
  5. A nice place for pre and post wedding shoots. 



Comments